My Nutrition and Food Related Links Page
A little about me and where I study…
I am a mother of 3 studying for a diploma in nutrition at CNM London. I love the course very much. The course content and the lecturers are brilliant at keeping the topic fresh and interesting. Currently on my second year I am studying nutrition. Last year I studied Biomedicine which in layman terms is all the different parts of the body, how they function there associated illness, traditional allopathic treatments and complementary alternatives.
I am interested in natural solutions to health problems and complementary medicines.
Listed below are various links related to nutrition which I will add to as my blog progresses.
Natural Health Websites
- For campaigns and information relating to natural medicine visit the Alliance for Natural Health website.
- For alternative natural health vitamins, nutritional supplements and skin care visit Higher Nature
- For natural health news visit NaturalNews
- Neals Yards Natural News
- Also visit British Nutrition Foundation
Food and Nutrition Blogs
- Amanda Ursell Food writer and nutritionist
- Amanda Hamilton – Articles from BBC television presenter and nutritionist
- The Skint Foodie An inspirational food blog by a guy who has turned his life around.
- Miss Nutritionist – Nutritionist Jess Scott and Rosie Millen
- The Healthy Foodie – An American healthy food blog with some interesting recipes
- Harvard Health Blog – From the University of Harvard a blog on health
- Beautiful Pictures of Healthy Food – Wonderful pictures of healthy food for inspiration
- Eat the seasons. A great resource site for what’s in season and how to cook it.
- Jamie Oliver We all love Jamie!
- Salad Pride – For all things salad.
Big Barn a locally based website for sourcing locally farmed food.
E Numbers and Pesticides
- For information and articles relating to E-Numbers visit Explore E Numbers
- http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/ for the Clean 15 and the Dirty Dozen
A site on kid related health issues for parents and children Kids Health
Although nutrition cannot in itself cure cancer, it can be beneficial in supporting recovery and treatment http://www.canceractive.com.
Listed below are a number of Journal resources for researching nutrition.
- Natural living Magazine Better Nutrition
- British Nutrition Journal Foundation
- International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Lipids in Health and Disease
- Nutrition and Metabolism
- Nutrition Journal
- Thyroid Research
- Alternative and Complementary Therapies
- Alternative Medicine Review
- BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- British Medical Journal
- Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies
- Healthy Way
- British Nutrition Foundation Nutrition Bulletin
- www.alphagalileo.org The worlds independent source of research news.
- www.pubmed.gov Lists citations from Biomedical Journals
- www.biomedcentral.com Open Access BioMed Journals
- The Cochrane Library Evidence for health care
- www.functionalmedicine.org The Institute for Functional Medicine
- Linus Pauling Institute Micronutrient research for optimum health